The App That Pays You Back
Checkpoints is a fun app, which is very similar to Shopkick, that pays you to scan product bar codes at local stores. I find the scavenger hunt aspect to be lots of fun and it is a very convenient way to earn gift cards and prizes online. CheckPoints is available for both iPhone and Android phones. You can use it on iPod Touch and iPad but these devices can’t do scans. There is also a new feature called CheckPoints mall, with a toolbar that pays you to search, and purchase products on your computer. Sometimes they have mystery products and treasure hunts that are really fun to participate in. Over the course of 1 year, I have earned a total of $190 worth of Amazon gift cards.
CheckPoints Is Recommended
As of March 28th, 2013 – I have been paid a total of 36 times by Checkpoints. My Total lifetime earnings to date are $450 in gift cards.
How CheckPoints Works
When you are out shopping all you have to do is open the app and it will give you a list of nearby places to check into to do product scans. All the stores are listed by points and coins. You get 1 coin and usually between 10 and 50 points per scan . Coins can be redeemed in the game area of the app for a spin on the slots or a scratch ticket. Each game you play gives you a chance to win 20, 50, 5000 and 150,000 points. Points are redeemable for various gift cards and prizes including: Amazon gift cards, iTunes gift cards, Home Depot gift cards, a Nintendo Wii, an Xbox, and Sky Miles. The prizes start at 300 points which is worth about a dollar. You also have the option to give your points as a donation to your choice of several charities.
There is a decent referral program that currently earns the referrer 150 points, which is about .50, and the referral 300 points which is about 1.00. My referral code is sodaguy, thanks for using it.
Here is the link to download the free CheckPoints Android App in the Google Play Store.
Here is the link to download CheckPoints for free in the iTunes App Store:
Here is the link to the CheckPoints Website.
Warning: do not ever post your CheckPoints referral code in the app store or you will get banned and forfeit any unpaid earnings.
Cashing Out Your Earnings
When you cash out for gift cards the payment is usually within a few minutes. I have not cashed out for a physical item so I don’t know the turn around time for those. Sometimes they review your account, to see if there is any suspicious activity, which can take up to a week. In general I have had very few problems with this app, but there are occasional times when the app has been down. I did get warning one time because they said I had violated the terms of service, I was baffled by this so I sent support an email requesting to know what I had done but did not receive a reply, I assume it was a mistake.
Helpful CheckPoints Tips
- Sometimes it is more convenient to scan a product with the bar code upside down, it will work the same as if the code is right side up. I find this saves me a lot of time and effort.
- If you read anywhere that you get more than 300 points for signing up with someones referral code, they are lying. You will not get the exaggerated amount and they will get banned if they get caught.
- Don’t post your referral code in the App Store, I can’t stress this enough, you will get banned and lose your unpaid earnings.
- You can only check in and scan at 5 stores in a day so make sure you get the highest earners.
- I find that Wal-Mart generally has the most scans and the most special items.
- Make sure you are in the correct store when you scan, don’t ever try to cheat the system. There are some new home scans in the easy points tab, those are the only scans that can be done from home.
- Make sure to link your Swagbucks, Alaska Airlines Miles, and Delta SkyMiles accounts in the My Loyalty Programs tab for added bonuses.
- checkpoints app review
- checkpoints review
- checkpoints app
- checkpoint app reviews
- checkpoints app reviews
- checkpoints reviews
- checkpoint app review
- checkpoints app banned
- checkpoints videos app reviews